Friday, September 23, 2011

Rainbows

I have been thinking of the song "If I die young". I love the line..."make me a rainbow to shine down on my mother. She will know I safe with you when she stands under my colors." And that of coarse reminds me of the time I was rushing to the hospital. You see it was my birthday. A few days after you were born. I had gone to my birthday party...I was very rarely away from you while you were in the hospital, but I had decided to go to my little party. I recieved a phone call that you had your first seizure. I drove as fast a I could to the hospital. I was praying so hard. Asking God for a miracle. A sign that everything was going to be OK...Then I rounded the corner on Phoenix Ave. and saw a rainbow. I thought that is God's promise. Then I reached the hospital and the rainbow had turned into a double rainbow. I just knew that God was going to make everything OK. I really thought you would be OK. Now I know you are OK. My prayer was not answered the way I thought it would be. Honestly, God never quite answers them the way I think they should be. Now I know you are safe with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment